Accepting Children’s Picture Books
Did you know we offer free books to kids who come through our shelter every week?
And they sure do take them! The shelf is starting to get bare!
It’s time for another book collection. Our awesome volunteer Jamie helps us organize collection.
What: Collecting gently used Children’s Books for distribution at the FUUD Pantry
When: Now Through End of Summer
Here are Jamie’s official guidelines for getting more books for our shelves.
Ways to help with our book drive:
- Donate gently used picture books!
- Donate used books of any type – we can trade them in for picture books!
- Hold your very own book drive – just ask family, friends, your neighbors, scout troops etc. if they’d like to donate books!
Donated books can be:
- dropped off in the FUUD Pantry donation bin at church on Sundays/Wednesdays.
- brought to the panty on Tuesdays from 2-6 p.m.
- left on our front porch if you live nearby (Lenexa). I’ll come get them or you can leave them on my front porch. To arrange this option, please email me.
Prefer to make a monetary donation?
Make checks out to SMUUCh with “FUUD Pantry Books” in the memo line.
Checks can be mailed to:
SMUUCh FUUD PANTRY
c/o Shawnee Mission UU Church
9400 Pflumm Ave
Lenexa, Kansas 66215